Director of Public Relations
Arcadia Power is a nationwide direct-to-consumer clean energy company, giving every renter and homeowner access to clean energy choices. We are changing the way America understands and consumes energy and working on a big problem in one of the oldest and largest American industries. Backed by reputable VC’s and growing quickly, our mission is to help shift America from fossil fuels to renewables.
We are looking for an experienced Director of Public Relations to lead our communications strategy, media outreach, and media relationships. This role will work with the executive team to manage major announcements, drive stories, and lead the strategy behind the positioning of our company and products in the media. Please apply if you have a track record of leading strategy, creative storytelling, garnering tier 1 media for clients or companies, and are strong in media relations.
• Develop and execute on Arcadia’s communications strategy.
• Develop strong relationships with relevant reporters and influencers.
• Identify and execute on outbound content distribution strategies.
• Lead the creation of communications assets: press releases, media kits, fact sheets, etc.
• Consistent media outreach and relationship development with tech, politics, and consumer media.
• Own all public company announcements from initial strategy to execution.
• Leverage our unique user data and product to be top of mind of relevant reporters.
• Identify KPIs to measure the impact of our PR efforts.
• Work with current agency partners to help amplify PR efforts.
• Ensure our brand voice and values are communicated in a consistent manner throughout all PR efforts.
• Experience leading the PR efforts for a company, organization or client in a similar industry (energy, consumer tech, consumer brand, environment)
• Experience getting a company or organization into Tier 1 publications.
• Experience and ability to develop strong relationships with journalists and influencers.
• Track record of leveraging creativity or data to widely distribute stories.
• Excellent written and oral communications.
• Very analytical, strong ability to ensure and attribute PR efforts to business goals.
• Competitive salary
• Great healthcare benefits, dental, vision
• Equity stake
• Flexible schedule
• Generous PTO
• Tons of professional development opportunities
• Commuter benefits
• Free clean energy
• A chance to disrupt the energy sector